Severe weather alert
This page was last updated 23 November at 4.18pm
Please remember that information during an emergency is through emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/ and www.twitter.com/VicEmergency.
The following roads are CLOSED, please take an alternative route or reschedule your travel:
The Old Beechy Rail Trail has also been closed between Maggios Road and Kawarren township due to sink holes, landslips & fallen trees. The Trail is also closed between Banool and Beech Forest from 31 October 2022 until end of March 2023 due to logging operations. Visit: https://www.colacotway.vic.gov.au/Parks-Recreation/Old-Beechy-Rail-Trail
The following roads have experienced landslips, please be careful and avoid the area if possible:
- Gellibrand East Road near Meehans Road and Lardners Track – large
- Sunnyside Road, Wongarra – 2.45mtrs from Great Ocean Road – medium
- Wild Dog Road, Apollo Bay – medium
The following roads have been RE-OPENED, but please drive safely and to the conditions:
You can find out which roads are closed in ‘real time’ either online or via a smart phone. Go to the VicTraffic website and/or download the VicTraffic free app. Alerts will also be available on www.twitter.com/victraffic.
If you don't have internet access, you can call the VicRoads Traffic Management Centre on 13 11 70. This number can also be used to report a fault, hazard or problem on the roads. VicRoads TMC operates 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
To report trees down or storm damage to roads or council land, please contact Council on 5232 9400, even after hours.
However, please call VicSES on 132 500 for flood or fallen trees causing structural damage to your home or vehicle, or if you have trees down blocking access to your home.
Please do not drive into floodwaters - all it takes is 15cm of water for a car to float.
If you’re in need of sandbags, please contact your local VICSES or CFA branch. Find out more about sandbags and their use and read your local flood guide.
• If your life is in danger call 000
• VicSES 132 500
• Powercor for outages
• VicTraffic for road closures
Stay up to date
• Follow SES Barwon South West on Facebook @VICSESSW
• Go to the VicEmergency website
• Download the VicEmergency app
• Follow Vic Emergency @vicemergency
• Call the VicEmergency hotline - 1800 226 226
• Tune into MIXXFM, ABC 774 Melbourne radio, SkyNews television and follow Colac Herald facebook.
Flood Recovery Information
Community members affected by flood can contact the Flood Recovery Hotline 7 days a week on 1800 560 760 between 7.30am and 7.30pm. The hotline helps residents:
- register for a clean-up on private property
- organise temporary accommodation
- access financial, mental health and wellbeing support.
Farm Flood Recovery Information
Visit Agriculture Victoria to stay up to date with recovery information for your flood-affected farm.
Flood waste is also accepted free of charge at Council's transfer stations, for further information click this link.