Noise & Nuisance
To find out about the different types of residential noise restrictions, visit the EPA website.
The best way to deal with a residential noise concern is to talk to your neighbours. The EPA have published the booklet Annoyed by Noise that may assist you resolve the problem before deciding to lodge an official complaint with council.
If you have an ongoing concern about unreasonable residential noise, please lodge your complaint with Colac Otway Shire to be investigated under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
You can contact us by email or report your issue online.
Who should I contact?
If you have a concern about:
- Barking Dogs – Colac Otway Shire: 5232 9400
- Residential Noise – Colac Otway Shire: 5232 9400
- After Hours Residential Noise (eg, anti-social behaviour or parties) – Local Police: 131 444
- Industrial and commercial noise – EPA: 1300 372 842
- Complaints about a noise from a Licensed Venue – Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation: online complaints or 1300 182 457
For concerns about non-farm or non-commercial spraydrift issues contact the Colac Otway Shire by email or by online form.
For issues relating to commercial or farming spraydrift practices contact DELWP by phone: 136 186.
To report sewage overflows and blockages contact Barwon Water by phone: 1300 656 007.
For information about pest and feral animals, grazing livestock or pet registration please visit our Pets, Animal & Livestock pages.
Find out information regarding Burning Off in the Colac Otway Shire here.