Apply for Other Planning Approval

Section 173 Agreements

A Section 173 Agreement is a legal document that is binding on Council and on all other parties to the Agreement.  Section 173 Agreements must be prepared by a legal practitioner which is at the discretion of the owner to engage.

Council has engaged Harwood Andrews to check Agreements and to register Agreements on Title. Any reasonable costs and expenses, including legal expenses, incurred by Council in association with a S173 Agreement must be borne by the applicant. This will include the cost of any review undertaken. This is consistent with the requirement of conditions placed on planning permits.

A Section 173 Agreement template has been provided for your assistance. The use of this template will minimise the cost of the review.  Once a S173 Agreement is ready for signing, a Section 181 form will need to be submitted also to lodge the Agreement with the Titles Office.

Amend or End a Section 173 Agreement

If you need to amend or end a S173 Agreement, you will need to complete an application form and submit to Council for review. 

Certificate of Compliance.

Use this form to request a certificate stating that your proposed or existing use or development complies with the requirements of the Planning Scheme and therefore does not require a Planning permit.

Written Consent

Please contact Council's Planning Unit on 03 5232 9400 for further information on Written Consent