Click on the link below to view Colac Otway Shire Council - Local Law No.1 - General Local Law 2023 . Read other Council policies here.
At it's meeting on Wednesday 23 August 2023, Colac Otway Shire Council resolved to make one local law titled ‘Colac Otway Shire – Local Law No.1 – General Local Law 2023’ pursuant to section 74(4) of the Local Government Act 2020.
The objectives and intended effect of the Local Law are to:
- Provide for the peace, order and good government of the municipal district.
- Promote a physical and social environment free from hazards to health and assets, in which the residents of the municipal district can enjoy a quality of life that meets the general expectations of the community.
- Provide for the management of domestic and farm animals in a manner that promotes welfare and reduces nuisance, harm or environmental damage to residents and property.
- Provide for the appropriate management of Council buildings and reserves.
- Prevent and suppress nuisances which may adversely affect the enjoyment of life within the municipal district or the health, safety and welfare of persons and animals within the municipal district, by:
- regulating and controlling activities which may be dangerous, unsafe or cause detrimental impact on quality of life or the environment within the municipal district;
- providing standards and conditions for specified activities in order to reduce risk and increase safety.