The role of the BCG:
- promote and protect the collective interests and welfare of community members and residents of the Birregurra township and district,
- maintain, preserve and protect the natural environment and heritage of the local area,
- obtain information and provide advice on local government issues relevant to the local area and to the Colac Otway Shire area as a whole,
- communicate to Council the collective views of the community on a range of matters such as policy development, land re-zoning, development applications, infrastructure and services needs of the area,
- establish and maintain recognition from Council as the primary community consultative body for Birregurra and District and make application on behalf of the community for funding grants and financial assistance to both State and Local Government for community projects.
- provide and maintain a community notice board or boards within the local area.
Senior Citizens Room,
Main Street ,