Temporary Worker Accommodation Permit
The Temporary Worker Accommodation Permit is to provide local businesses with an additional option to find seasonal accommodation for their workers. The permit allows for local businesses to sponsor an employee to camp at a location with existing amenities for their period of employment between 1 November and 30 April inclusive each summer season.
How to apply
Businesses can email an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in the application:
- Evidence that the business trades within Colac Otway (e.g. ABN registered within Colac Otway)
- Contact details and person for the business
- Confirmation the business agrees to the permit conditions
- Name and contact details for employee(s)
- Proof of employment dates for employee(s)
- Site of proposed camping including
- Type of camping (e.g. tent, caravan)
- Amenity access arrangements
- Statutory Declaration from the landowner they consent to camping and will not charge a fee to the employee
Standard Permit Conditions:
- The sponsor business is trading within the Colac Otway Shire.
- The worker(s) residing in the temporary accommodation is(are) employed at the sponsor business for the duration of the permit.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsor business to ensure the temporary accommodation does not affect local amenity and to respond to any amenity complaints arising from neighbouring properties or local residents.
- The worker(s) will have full access to existing toilet and shower amenities at the permitted location.
- All waste created by the worker(s) in the course of the temporary accommodation will be disposed of using the bin collection at the permitted location. If additional waste collection is required, it is the responsibility of the property owner to request additional bins.
- The worker(s) cannot be charged a fee by the landowner or sponsor business for the temporary accommodation under this permit.
- Accommodation for the worker(s) must be in a form compliant with Colac Otway Shire Council Local Law No 2 – Part 4 – Section 55.
- This permit is valid until the stated expiry date being no later than 30 April, or the conclusion of the worker(s) employment at the sponsor business, whichever is the former.
- Owners of adjoining properties to the permitted location will be notified by Council of the issuing of this permit and be provided the sponsor businesses contact details for any enquiries/complaints.
- If any amenity disputes between neighbouring properties and the sponsor business cannot be resolved to the reasonable satisfaction of Council, Council reserves the right to revoke this permit.