Kerbside Rubbish Collection
All general waste goes to a landfill. Your general waste bin with the red lid is collected on the same day each week.
Place your bin on the kerb the night before your collection day to ensure it gets emptied.
What can I put in my general waste bin?
- Household garbage
- Nappies (wrapped)
- Polystyrene and foam meat trays
- Plastic packaging (soft plastics), food wrappers and cling wrap
- Window glass, glassware, mirrors and Pyrex
View our A-Z Waste Guide for a full list of what can go into your red-lidded wheelie bin.
Reduce landfill waste by placing all food scraps and garden organic waste into the green-lidded (FOGO), put you glass jars and bottles into the purple-lidded bin and placing all other recycling in your yellow-lidded wheelie bin.
Please contact the Colac Otway Shire Council if:
- Your red landfill bin is missing or broken. Download an application form for a lost/stolen bin or call to repair your bin.
- Your red landfill bin is not collected by 4pm on collection day. You can contact the customer service team on 5232 9400 or use our Submit a Request form to report a missed collection.
- You need to apply for a new waste collection from your property.