Rubbish Collection Services

Council manages all kerbside rubbish, recycling and green waste within the Shire.

Find out what you can and can't put in your bins, as well as when your bin is collected - click on a bin picture for more information.

You can also use Council's My Neighbourhood page to find out the next bin collection date for each bin type. Make sure you type in your address as it appears on your rates notice.

If you need to request a new kerbside collection service, please complete this application form(DOCX, 19KB).









Need larger or additional Garbage, Recycling or Organics bins?

Please see additional bin section on council's website.

Damaged Wheelie Bins
If you are submitting a request to repair or replace a damaged bin, please put your EMPTY bin out the night before your collection so the damaged bin can be repaired or replaced by our contractors on the morning of your collection.

 Soft Plastic Recycling

Coles or Woolworths supermarkets will accept soft plastics for recycling. In Colac Otway Shire, Coles and Woolworths is located in Colac. Thank you for doing your bit for the environment.