Apply for Building Certificates and Copy of a Building Permit

The building department can assist in providing details relating to your property.

Visit Council's Building & Planning Resources page for building and planning application and registration forms.

Property Information Certificate

There are two sections available for a Property Information Certificate.

  • Section 1:  lists the approvals or compliance actions that have occurred or are in progress on a property for the last 10 years.
  • Section 2:  Determines if the property is in an area that has specific requirements under Building Regulations before new building works can start.

You can also apply for the legal point of stormwater discharge on this application.

Copy of Building Permits and/or Plans

Our building archives go back to the 1950's for Colac and Elliminyt, and to the 1970's for other areas of the Shire. However, while every effort will be made to locate any documents relating to your property we cannot guarantee that they will be available. 

Please note the application fee is non-refundable if no documents are found.

Copy of Assets located on Property

Building Plans usually do not show the location of utility services such as stormwater or sewer pipes on your property. This information is available at Dial Before You Dig and via the Barwon Water Property Search page.