Receiving & Paying Your Rates
Note: As a result of the COVID-19 situation, Council has reviewed its normal procedures regarding rates collection. Ratepayers who are unable to make payments will not be charged interest until end of June 2021 and will not be referred to debt collection. However, to avoid the debt collection process, ratepayers must contact Council to discuss any outstanding rates, payment options and alternative arrangements. If you require assistance, please phone Council’s Customer Service Centre on 03 5232 9400 to discuss your rates. For further information visit Coronavirus - Information for the Community.
Council offers a range of options on how you can receive and pay your rate notices, including through eNotice or Billpay which allows you to receive your rates notice electronically.
Receiving your Rates Notice
There are three ways you can receive your rates notice:
- Enjoy the convenience of viewing, receiving and printing your Rates Notices via email
- Check your Notices anytime and print, save or email
- View all of your Rates Notices - current and previous
Sign up to eNotices
To register for eNotices, you will require a Rates Notice that has your unique eNotice reference number located on the front of the notice.
HOW TO: Sign up to emailed Rates Notice(DOCX, 451KB)
- Have your bills delivered directly to your online or mobile banking
- Get payment reminders, schedule payments for later or pay now with a single click
- Find your bill payments on your bank statement and history
Sign up to BPay View
Please refer to your bank or financial institution to register. You will be required to enter the Biller Code and BPAY reference detailed on the front of your rates notice.
To register you will need a previous Rates Notice so that you can enter your name exactly as it appears on the Rate Notice and the Property Number.
If you would like your rates notice sent to you in the mail, please ensure you provide Council with an accurate mailing address.
Update my details
Pay your Rates
You can pay your rates online. Please make sure you have your rates notice available when using our online payment method
Visit the Billpay website or call 13 18 16 to pay your rates over the phone.
- Billpay code: 0867
- Reference Number: Your reference number is located next to the Billpay logo on your rates notice
Direct debit deductions from your bank account can be arranged. Please complete the applicable form below and submit.
For assistance contact our customer assist team.
Payment Due Dates
- 1st Instalment due 30 September
- 2nd Instalment due 30 November
- 3rd Instalment due 28 February
- 4th Instalment due 31 May
Activate this option by paying the 1st Quarterly amount shown on your Annual Rates Notice by 30 September. Once activated, notices will be sent for remaining Instalments.
Failure to pay the 1st instalment amount by 30 September indicates you will pay the full amount by 15 February.
Lump Sum Payment
- Full payment due 15 February
No reminder notice will be sent so please take action to schedule this payment
Payment by Arrangement
Flexible arrangements to suit you are able to be made. Contact Rates dept staff or alternatively fill out an Application for Rates Payment Arrangement.