Building Applications

Building permits relate to structures and are required to ensure a construction complies with regulations. Separate to a planning permit, you may need a building permit for a new build, extension, alteration, change of use, fence or retaining wall.

A Building Permit can be obtained through a private building surveyor who will assess your application, issue the permit and carry out the inspections. 

Further information on Building Surveyor's can be found on the Victorian Building Authority website