Disability Parking Permits

Disability parking permits are available for drivers and passengers with a temporary or permanent disability living within the Colac Otway Shire. Organisations that transport people with a disability are also eligible to apply for a disability parking permit.

Permits are issued according to VicRoads Guidelines and a doctor’s or occupational therapist's assessment.

Victoria is transitioning to the new Accessible Parking Permit (APP) Scheme and online administration system.

From 22 March 2021, our Council will be transitioning to the new APP Scheme. Our residents and organisations who require a new permit, or need to renew or replace a permit, will need to apply with the new application process.

The new APP Scheme will streamline the application process, making it easier, simpler and consistent across the state. The new permit also will better align with the COAG 2010 Australian Disability Parking Permit Scheme (ADPS)

To find out more about the APP or apply for a permit visit VicRoads or our Accessible Parking Permit Scheme page.

Permit renewals will be sent to permit holders prior to the current permit’s expiration date.

Contact the Colac Otway Shire for further information, including information about lost permits or  transferring permits between municipalities.

A Victorian disability parking permit is recognized in all Australian and territories. Find out more at the Australian Disability Parking Scheme website.

Red Cross Transport Services Red Cross Australia Logo.png     

Red Cross provides a door-to-door transport service to assist people who are elderly or have a disability to attend non-urgent medical appointments and social outings if you have no other transport options.

A Red Cross volunteer will collect you from your home and drive you to your appointment.

For further information about the transport service please contact the Red Cross by phone on (03) 8327 7700 or visit Red Cross.

Scooter Recharge Scheme

Find out more about the Scooter Recharge Scheme and where you can access the scheme in the Colac Otway Shire.

Public Transport Public-Transport-Victoria-PTV-Logo.jpg

Visit our Public Transport page for information about public transport - bus, train and taxi - options within Colac Otway Shire.

Travellers Aid

Located at Melbourne's Southern Cross and Flinders Street stations, passengers are able to access Public Transport Victoria's Travellers Aid services, including:

  • emergency relief for travellers
  • Companion Service to help you get to-and-from appointments
  • personal care and meals assistance for people with disabilities
  • a Buggy Service to help you get around the station
  • mobility equipment hire
  • accessible toilets with ceiling hoists, adult change tables and qualified carers to help.

Visit the Travellers Aid website to find out more information about the service.

Victorian Patient Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS)

The Victorian Patient Transport Assistance Scheme covers some travel and accommodation costs incurred by rural Victorians when they must travel more than 100 kilometres one way, or 500 kilometres in a single week, for specialist medical treatment.

To find out if you are eligible to apply for a reimbursement, or download a claim form, visit the VPTAS website or phone 1300 737 073.