Coronavirus - Information for Beauty-Based Businesses
From 6 August 2020, all Beauty Therapies, Skin Penetration activities, Tattooing, Tanning etc. have been ordered to cease trading by the Federal Government, after being classified as a non-essential service.
This does not apply to Hairdressers/Barbers, but Hairdressers/Barbers must now follow strict social distancing rules.
This means with the exception of when you are cutting/treating the hair;
- Keep your 1.5m distance or greater
- No waiting, appointments only
- Undertake strict cleaning between clients using 70% isopropyl alcohol or a Chlorine based sanitiser at 1000ppm.
- Ensure regular washing of hands.
- Ask all clients if they have had contact with anyone with Covid-19. DO NOT have contact with them if they have.
- If they are clearly ill in some way, refuse service.
Covid-19 care reminder:
- WASH hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. DRY with paper towel or hand dryer.
- TRY not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- WEAR a face mask
- COVER your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- DO NOT shake hands, hug or kiss.
How to dilute Chlorine bleach to 1000ppm is contained in the Fact Sheet Environmental cleaning and disinfection principles for COVID-19.
Additional information can be found on the DHHS website.