Council supports local businesses through two business grants:
The Building Façade Improvement Program assists businesses to improve the appearance of their building facades and increase the overall attractiveness of the shopping strips in Colac, Apollo Bay and the small towns throughout the Shire.
Façade improvements may include:
- External Painting
- Replace signage in poor condition
- Cleaning the façade
- Minor repairs, maintenance or reinstatement of missing elements
- Minor repairs to existing façade tile or stone accents
- Minor repairs to structural façade elements and awnings
- New, repairs and replacements of verandahs
Grants up to $3,000 maximum. Grants are provided on a matching dollar for dollar cash contribution basis.
Council assists small businesses within the Colac Otway Shire to reduce their environmental impact.
Projects may include:
- Business energy audit
- Building Upgrades
- Waste reduction and diversion initiatives
- Emerging technology
- Energy storage
- Water re-use
- Urban Greening
- Transition from gas to electricity
Grants up to $5,000 maximum. Grants are provided on a matching dollar for dollar cash contribution basis.
2023-2024 Colac Otway Shire Grants Program Guidelines (PDF)(PDF, 738KB)
Please ensure you have read the guidelines prior to submitting the application.