Resources For Business
The Council’s business development team is dedicated to providing support, advice and development opportunities for businesses within the Shire. We’re here to help you get opportunities to maximise your business potential and become the best business operator you can be. We support local business in the region in the following ways:
- education and training opportunities
- conducting workshops and seminars
- conducting business networking events
- hosting round table discussions with State and Federal Government representatives
- attracting new business investment
- researching economic development initiatives
Economic Development Newsletters
To receive communication, from time to time, about Council funding opportunities, services, programs, e-newsletters and projects, sign up for the Economic Development & COVID newsletters below
Sign Up To Economic Development Newsletters Here.
You can take advantage of Shire statistics that are relevant to business.
Profile ID has up-to-date demographic resources about the Colac Otway region.
Remplan Economy Profile looks at Economy, Jobs and Business Insights in the Colac Otway region.
These websites give businesses access to a range of Census data that helps paint a picture of the Colac Otway Shire community and its people. It can help you gain a better understanding of the region you’re investing in, and is useful when applying for funding or determining future direction of your business. The websites have information about:
- demographics of the region
- individual population groups
- specific geographical areas
- forecasts for population growth, household changes etc
- economic information
For more information on how Colac Otway Shire Council can support your business or business aspirations, please get in touch with our economic development team on (03) 5232 9400.