Rates Concessions

Rates concession is available for eligible Department of Health and Human Services (DHS) and Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) pensioners.

The amount of concession increases by CPI each year.  In 2019-2020 it is $235.15. A further non indexed concession of $50.00 is available from your Fire Services Property Levy. The concession will be automatically deducted and shown on your rates notice.

To be eligible for the concession:
  • you must have a current valid Centrelink or DVA Pensioner Concession Card (or War Widow or TPI Gold Card)
  • you must be the person responsible for payment of the rates (ie: be named on the rates notice)
  • the property for which you are paying the rates must be your principal place of residence
  • the name and address on the ratesnotice must be the same as that on your concession card.

Additional information is available at http://services.dhhs.vic.gov.au/municipal-rates-concession

How to apply for the concession

To receive the concession, you need to lodge an application with Council. You can fill out the application form via the link below.

Municipal Rates Concession Application Form

You can return your application to Council in person, via mail or email. Visit our contact us page for more details.

If mailing your application, please attach a photocopy of the front and back of your concession card to your application.

For further information, please call Council's Rates Department on 03 5232 9400.

Claiming a concession for the previous financial year

If you were eligible for the rates pension concession in the previous financial year but did not claim the concession, please complete the application for retrospective pension concession form and return it to Council. You can only claim the concession on a principal place of residence once for the financial year.

Retrospective Pension Rebate Form 2019-2020(PDF, 134KB)