Colac Regional Saleyards
The Colac Regional Saleyards opened at its current location on the Colac-Ballarat Road in 1979 and is one of the most significant selling centres in the Western District of Victoria.
The Colac Regional Saleyards has been operating for over 30 years and generates in excess of $4.7 million each year. The Colac Otway Shire has committed to significant financial investment in the placement of a roof at the Centre and has continually moved to ensure the Centre is at its most competitive. Wood chips and rubber flooring in the pens means animal comfort is at an optimum, and the recent adoption of post-weigh sales means that Colac saleyards are advancing with the times. Post-sale weighing is considered to put less stress on cattle and provides higher yields, which leads to more consistent prices for producers.
- Location: 55 Colac-Ballarat Road, Irrewarra
- Market Sale days – every Thursday (excluding Public Holidays) Market sales commence at 8.30am.
- Sheep sales - 3rd Thursday of the month before the cattle sale.
- Store sales are held first Friday of each month (excluding Public Holidays), including the famous two-day Colac Weaner Sale in January. Store Sales commence at 10.00am
- Canteen open on saledays
- Driver rest area
- Two bay truck wash (fees apply)
- Entry via Avdata Key
Saleyards Supervisor, phone: 5232 9468
Listed below are the contact details for the stock agents in the local area who use the facilities:
- Charles Stewart & Co., Jamie McConachy - 0418 522 879
- Charles Stewart & Co., Phil Douglas - 0437 303 202
- H.F Richardson, Will Richardson - 0418 520 735