C104cola & PP189/2019-01 – Combined Amendment
Colac Otway Shire Council has prepared Combined Amendment C104cola to the Colac Otway Planning Scheme. The Amendment C104cola proposes to facilitate the development and use of the land for a whiskey distillery.
The Amendment applies to the land at 265-281 Murray Street, Colac, known as Plan of Consolidation 369561M.
What the amendment does.
The combined amendment proposes to apply the Specific Control Overlay to 265-281 Murray Street, Colac to facilitate the development of the former Mitre 10 building on Murray Street for the purpose of a whiskey distillery
Specifically, the amendment seeks to;
- Amend Planning Scheme Map 11SC03,
- Apply the Specific Controls Overlay (SCO) by inserting Clause 45.12 and an associated Schedule into the Scheme to allow the use and development of land for the purpose of the Whipper Snapper Distillery, in accordance with the specific controls of the Whiskey Distillery Colac 265 – 281 Murray Street Colac Incorporated Document, November 2019,
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 72.04 (Documents Incorporated in this Planning Scheme) to insert a new Schedule.
The planning permit proposes to approve the;
- Use and Development of the land for Industry (Beverage Production),
- Use of the land for the Sale and Consumption of Liquor on and off the premises,
- Display of Internally Illuminated Business Identification Signage,
- Display of Mural/Panel Sign,
- Reduction in Bicycle facilities,
- Alteration of access to a road in a Road Zone Category 1, and
- Associated works.
On 27 November 2019, Council considered the amendment and resolved to request the Minister for Planning to authorise Combined Amendment C104cola and Planning Permit PP189/2019-01 and to exhibit the Amendment and permit.
The Council report and minutes can be viewed here(PDF, 12MB).
The amendment documents and other documents can be viewed here.
Explanatory Report(DOC, 141KB)
Instruction Sheet(DOC, 64KB)
Ordinance Changes Clause 72.04(PDF, 126KB) Clause 45.12(PDF, 117KB)
Ordinance Changes in track changes Clause 72.04(PDF, 126KB) Clause 45.12(PDF, 118KB)
Incorporated Document(DOCX, 83KB)
Planning permit conditions(DOCX, 31KB)
Plans and supporting documents(ZIP, 52MB)
Submissions may be lodged during the exhibition period.
Written submissions should be titled "Amendment C104cola Submission" and emailed or mailed to:
Colac Otway Shire
PO Box 283
COLAC VIC 3250
Combined Amendment C104cola and Planning Permit PP189/2019-1 are off exhibition and will be considered by Council on 26 February 2020.