Building Permits

Building permits relate to structures and are required to ensure a construction complies with regulations. Separate to a planning permit, you may need a building permit for a new build, extension, alteration, change of use, fence or retaining wall.

A Building Permit can be obtained through Council or you can use a private building surveyor, where a private building surveyor is appointed they will assess your application, issue the permit and carry out the inspections. 

Further information on Building Surveyor's can be found on the Victorian Building Authority website.