Closed Expressions Of Interest:
Port of Apollo Bay Consultative Committee (POABCC) Recruitment of Community Representatives
Colac Otway Shire Council currently invites Expressions Of Interest for community representatives to form part of the Port of Apollo Bay Consultative Committee (POABCC). The POABCC is the primary user and community consultative forum of the Council for the Port of Apollo Bay.
The aim of the POABCC is to:
- Facilitate communication, share information and consult with the port users, community and members of the public who are interested in, or may be impacted, by port operations.
- Provide advice to Colac Otway Shire Council on issues of concern to the users, community and stakeholders.
- Provide a forum where government agencies and potential port users can inform the Apollo Bay community of issues relevant to Colac Otway Shire, Port of Apollo Bay and the community.
The POABCC is governed by a Terms of Reference(PDF, 503KB).
The Committee’s term is two years.
The membership and attendance of the POABCC includes the following persons:
- One (1) Councillor & proxy (appointed by Council);
- Two (2) Council Officers & proxy (appointed by Council);
- One (1) nominated representative & proxy of the Apollo Bay Fisherman’s Co-op;
- One (1) nominated representative & proxy of the Apollo Bay Ocean Rescue;
- One (1) nominated representative & proxy of the Apollo Bay Sailing Club;
- One (1) nominated representative & proxy of the Otway Coast Committee;
- One (1) self-nominated representative active in Apollo Bay Commercial Fishing;
- One (1) self-nominated representative active in Apollo Bay Recreational Boating and Fishing;
- Two (2) self-nominated community representatives with a demonstrated interest in the Port & experience in the fields of marine operations, harbours, coastal issues, legislation or risk management;
- A Secretariat to be provided by Colac Otway Shire Council;
- The POABCC Chairperson, at his or her discretion, may invite other persons to attend meetings as considered appropriate for matters under discussion, e.g. project proponents, consultants and government agencies.
Expressions of Interest for Community Representatives (as underlined above)
Expressions of interest by self-nominated community representatives must be in writing and on the Expression of Interest - Port of Apollo Bay Consultative Committee - Community Representative Form(PDF, 335KB) (PDF, 335KB)
Expressions of interest must be received by the Port of Apollo Bay office at 1 Breakwater Road APOLLO BAY VIC 3233 by 5.00 pm on Monday 22 February 2021 either in a sealed envelope marked “Expressions of Interest – Port of Apollo Bay Consultative Committee” or by email with the same subject line to email@example.com
The successful applicants are expected to be formally appointed at the Colac Otway Shire Ordinary Council meeting to be held on Wednesday 28 April 2021. All nominees will be promptly advised of the outcome of this process.
For further information, please contact the Port Manager, Simon McBeth on 0448-423192 or Fiona Waddington on 5232 9469 during office hours.
Contract 2116 - Apollo Bay Harbour Redevelopment - Civil Works - Design
Council invites submissions from suitable contractors for the provision of consultancy services to undertake design of Civil Works within the Apollo Bay Harbour Precinct.
Submissions closed 5pm Friday, 16 April 2021
Contract 2105 - Kennett River Tourism Infrastructure Improvements - Planning and Design Service
Council invites submissions from suitably qualified contractors for planning and detailed design consultancy services for Kennett River tourism infrastructure improvements, specifically for planning and design for road and carpark improvements.
Submissions closed 2pm Wednesday, 17 March 2021
Contract 2110 - Connor Street Asphalt works Hart Street to Corangamite Street
Council invites submissions from suitably qualified and experienced contractors to complete asphalt repair works in Connor Street, from Hart Street to Corangamite Street, Colac including traffic/pedestrian management, public/property occupier liaison, service locations, cold plane milling 1,113 m2 to 100mm depth, prepare base, tack coat and place CL320/10mm Type H asphalt, crack seal perimeters, reinstate line markings and RRPM’s.
Submissions closed 2pm Wednesday, 20 January 2021.
Contract 2025 - Digital Mobile Radio Network
Council invites submissions from suitably qualified tenderers for the construction of a digital mobile radio network which, upon commissioning, will enable the Shire to provide its staff Mobile and Hand Held T3 DMR services covering all areas within the Shire boundaries. Works include completion of the construction of the System by designing, installing and commissioning the Equipment in accordance with the Approved design document as well as to provide ongoing operational and maintenance and support services upon commissioning of the System.
Submissions closed 2pm Wednesday, 10 June 2020.