Entry into the 2023 Youth Photography Competition means that you accept the terms and conditions.
Colac Otway Shire Council’s Youth Program is excited to provide the opportunity for young people aged 13-25 that live, study and/or work locally to submit their photography images as part of 2023 Youth Photography Competition "Connectivity: Capturing the Threads that Bind Us."
How to Enter:
• Entries are open from Tuesday 17th October 2023 to Monday 20th November 2023.
• No entries will be accepted after 5pm on Monday 20th November 2023.
• Colac Otway Shire Youth Photography Competition theme is "Connectivity: Capturing the Threads that Bind Us."
•The Colac Otway Shire Council Youth Photography Competition is open for entry to young people aged 13 to 25 years who live, work and/or study within the Colac Otway Shire.
• To enter, take a photo using your smart device, smart phone, iPad and/or camera that applies to theme of connectivity and be aged 13-25. The image must be a JPEG or JPG and not exceed 5MB. Photos can be submitted via Council’s website or email your photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org with completed entry forms.
• Entrants must complete all relevant forms in full to be eligible for entry into the youth photography competition. All details provided by entrant must be true and correct.
• Each entry must be an original photograph created by the entrant.
• Entrants can enter a maximum of four (4) entries, the same photo cannot be entered more than once.
• If any photo submitted contains an identifiable image of a person/s (any age), a photography consent form must be completed and signed by the person/s in the image. If the person/s in the image are under 18 years old, please ask a parent/guardian to sign the consent form. Download a copy of Council’s Photography Consent Form(PDF, 190KB). Persons in the image and /or Parents/guardians may be contacted by Council to confirm they have provided consent.
• Photos must be of good quality to publish and be in good taste. Council maintains the right to refuse entry for any offensive or inappropriate photos.
• Entries who don’t meet the conditions listed in the terms and conditions will not be entered into the competition and not be eligible for judging.
• Winners will be chosen by a judging panel comprising of local young people, the Colac Otway Shire Mayor and local photographers.
• People’s Choice Award Winner will selected by the public.
• Winners will be notified directly as well as announced on Council’s Website and Council’s social media channels.
Terms and Conditions of entry:
• The promoter is Colac Otway Shire Council ABN 32 430 819 755 of 2-6 Rae Street, Colac
• Entry into this competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these conditions.
• Competition Closes 5pm, Monday 20th November 2023.
• Employees of Colac Otway Shire Council and competition judges are ineligible to enter.
• Colac Otway Shire Council reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with or does not comply with the entry process.
• By entering this competition, you give the Colac Otway Shire Council permission to use your photography in promotion of the competition and for future promotions or Council publications. There will be no payment for use of photographs by Council. The photos will not be on-sold to a third party. As owner of the copyright of your entry, you grant Council and its partners exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide licence to use the photos comprising your entry in any form at its absolute discretion. Where possible, Council and its partners will acknowledge the entrant as owner.
• Select images will be printed by the Colac Otway Shire Council Youth Engagement team for display in a public exhibition. A public exhibition will be held to display entered and winning photos in December. Details for this event are to be announced.
• Photographs will be also displayed in an online exhibition on Colac Otway Shire Council’s Website.
• Council is not responsible for entries that are not received, or are received late.
• Entries will be judged by the judging panel. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.