2018 Christmas Decorations
Council has been working in partnership with the Colac Herald, the Colac & Apollo Bay Chambers of Commerce and local business people to provide businesses with a consistent and unified design for Christmas in 2018.
The aim is to show a unified design and look to the decorations that are featured throughout the Shire and on shop windows.
The types of decorations that will be placed throughout the Shire are:
A3 Trading Hours Posters to hang up on front door, advertising hours opened that week and replace poster each week
2 x A3 stickers of Christmas bells on the shop front windows
2m Christmas banner for the shop window or door
Business Listings in the Colac Herald with trading hours leading up to Christmas
Footpath decals with ‘Seasons Greetings’ throughout Colac and Apollo Bay
Street furniture seating with Christmas wraps with the ‘Season’s Greetings’ messaging
The idea of the Christmas decorations initiative is to reuse and recycle items from this year to reuse next year.
Lucky Star Competition
There is also a ‘Lucky Star’ competition that will be held over the 3 weeks leading up to Christmas. The idea is to promote shopping in the participating stores displaying the Christmas decorations with one store each week hosting the ‘Lucky Star’. Shoppers will need to look out for the star and once they find it they can enter the competition to win a voucher from a local business each week.
If you have found the ‘Lucky Star’ enter your details into this link for your chance to win – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018LuckyStar
Terms & conditions of entry:
1. Competition is open to children aged up to 18 who reside in the Colac Otway Shire.
2. One entry per child per week.
3. One star will be placed in a host shop in both Apollo Bay and Colac for the following dates: 3 - 9 December, 10 -16 December and 17-21 December.
4. The weekly promotion commences and closes on the dates shown.
5. Winners will be selected by random from valid entries only.
6. Entrants agree to have their name and photo published on Council's Facebook page and website.
7. Weekly prize value is $50. Total prize value up to $300.
8. Participation in this competition is deemed as acceptance of the terms and conditions.