Golf course at Apollo Bay, Waterfall in the Otways, Crater Lakes at Red Rock Colac Otway Shire Logo
Skip Links
Media Centre  Payments  Shire Statistics  Council Documents  Forms  Employment  Public Notices  Directories  Current Tenders  Maps  

Home
About the Council
About the Shire
Animals
Apollo Bay Harbour
Arts and culture
Bluewater Fitness Centre
COPACC
Disclaimer and Copyright
Economic Development and Business
Emergency Management and Fire Prevention
Environment
Environment Public Documents
Festivals and Events
Family and Children's Services
Food Safety
Forms
Health Services
Lake Colac
Library Services
Colac Regional Saleyards
Local Laws
Older Persons and Ability Support Services
Planning and Building Services
Public Notices
Rates and Property
Roads and Infrastructure
Sport and Recreation
Tourism Services
Transport Connections
Volunteering in the Colac Otway Shire
Waste and Recycling Services
Youth

Search
A - Z Index
Feedback
Contact Us
Last 10 Pages Updated

   A A Larger text  

 
  
 
 
 
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Victoria

South West District Forecast
Issued at 5:40 am EST on Thursday 2 July 2015
for the period until midnight EST Sunday 5 July 2015.

Warning Information
Details of warnings are available on the Bureau's website www.bom.gov.au, by
telephone 1300-659-217* or through some TV and radio broadcasts.

Weather Situation
A cold front crossing the State will clear far eastern Victoria this morning.
south of the Bight will reach southwestern Victoria later this evening and then
move rapidly cross the State overnight, clearing the far northeast Thursday
morning. A high pressure system over South Australia will follow the front,
moving slowly eastwards across northern Victoria on Friday and over the
weekend, to reach the Tasman Sea on Monday. Meanwhile, a cold front will cross
Tasmania on Saturday just clipping the Victorian coast, then a stronger front
will enter the State from the south on Monday.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday 2 July
Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the Otways, slight (30%)
chance elsewhere. The chance of hail and thunder near the Otways this morning.
Winds southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the late
afternoon then becoming west to southwesterly and light in the evening. Daytime
maximum temperatures around 11.

Colac Morning shower or two. Max 11
Hamilton Possible morning shower. Max 11
Warrnambool Possible morning shower. Max 12

No UV Alert, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Forecast for Friday 3 July
Partly cloudy. Areas of fog and severe frost in the north in the morning. Light
winds becoming northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day. Overnight
temperatures falling to between minus 1 and 5 above zero with daytime
temperatures reaching between 9 and 12.

Colac Partly cloudy. Min 4 Max 11
Hamilton Partly cloudy. Min 1 Max 10
Warrnambool Cloudy. Min 6 Max 12

Forecast for Saturday 4 July
Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers near the Otways, slight (30%) chance
elsewhere. Winds northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the
afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 6 with daytime
temperatures reaching between 11 and 14.

Colac Possible shower. Min 5 Max 12
Hamilton Possible shower. Min 4 Max 12
Warrnambool Possible shower. Min 7 Max 14

Forecast for Sunday 5 July
Patchy morning fog in the north. Mostly sunny day. Slight (20%) chance of a
shower in the evening. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h increasing to
25 to 30 km/h during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3
and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 11 and 14.

Colac Mostly sunny. Min 5 Max 12
Hamilton Possible late shower. Min 5 Max 13
Warrnambool Possible late shower. Min 7 Max 14

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:15 pm EST Thursday.

* Calls to 1300 numbers cost around 27.5c incl. GST, higher from mobiles or
public phones.


Copyright Commonwealth of Australia 2011, Bureau of Meteorology (ABN 92 637 533
532). Users of these web pages are deemed to have read and accepted the
conditions described in the Copyright, Disclaimer, and Privacy statements
(http://www.bom.gov.au/other/copyright.shtml).
   

Colac Otway Shire Council  This is the official web site of Colac Otway Shire Council,  ©2015.
PO Box 283, Colac, Victoria   3250   Tel: (03) 5232 9400   Fax: (03) 5232 9586 
Disclaimer & Copyright |  Privacy Statement |  Freedom of Information | inq@colacotway.vic.gov.au
About this Site  | Remove Images | Save Settings