Amy's Gran Fondo
Join over 5,500 riders as they take on Australia's Grandest Fondo riding on Australia's greatest road, the Great Ocean Road. With new events for 2017 their is an event and distance for everyone.
Now in it's seventh year, Amy's Gran Fondo offers an impressive endorphin-inducing weekend of cycling to watch in awe or participate with vigour all on fully closed roads with the spectacular natural backdrop of the Great Ocean Road.
With events and distances to appeal to everyone in the family. Here's a snapshot:
- Go Long - 45km Medio Fondo or 120km Gran Fondo with 2021m vertical climbing.
- Go Short - 14km Family Fondo at both Lorne and Apollo Bay. APOLLO BAY NEW EVENT FOR 2017
- Go Gravel - 65km Amy's Gravel Fondo The perfect ride for those who want to take their riding off bitumen and onto the gravel including 1,500 metres of climbing, ideal for those that prefer mountain or cyclocross bikes to road bikes. NEW EVENT FOR 2017
- Go CycloCross Taking place on Saturday 16 September on the Apollo Bay foreshore, this CycloCross takes place on the beach and the foreshore. NEW EVENT FOR 2017.
- Go Wall Challenge yourself to the vertical climb of Amy's Wall 110 metres with an average gradient of 15%, the ultimate hill sprint.
Or just watch the action at the event hub at Apollo Bay or Lorne.
With the full road closures and an online safety briefing for every rider, the event has a strong safety focus. Now in its seventh year, Amy’s Gran Fondo is held in memory of Australian cycling team member Amy Gillett, who was killed while training in Germany in 2005.
Register to enter
For all other enquires please head to Amy's Gran Fondo
Saturday, 16 September 2017 | 12:00 PM
- 07:00 PM
Sunday, 17 September 2017 | 07:00 AM
- 05:00 PM
Apollo Bay, Great Ocean Road, Apollo Bay 3233 View Map