All events are required to submit the following paperwork:
- Complete the Colac Otway Shire Event Application(DOCX, 61KB);
- Complete the Colac Otway Shire Indemnity Form(PDF, 90KB) ;
- Complete an Risk Assessment Template (PDF, 89KB)for your event;
- Complete an Emergency Management Plan Template(PDF, 65KB) for your event;
- Complete the Event in a Public Place(DOC, 206KB) permit form;
- Prepare a site plan showing the layout of all equipment, Marquees, rides, etc that will be at your event. If you need an aerial picture of your site contact the Events Department.
- Return all the above, including a copy of your Public Liability Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Council’s event team will contact you with the next steps.
Depending on the type of event and the time of the year the event is held some further paperwork may be required. Council’s event team will let you know what extra paperwork is required, but it could include:
- Traffic Management Plan - If your events closes a road a traffic management plan must be developed by an accredited traffic management company. You may also be required to contact Vic Roads for a permit. Council's event department will let you know what is required.
- Communication Plan - If you are closing a road you must notify residents in the road closed area and surrounding area of the changed traffic conditions at least 6 weeks before the event. The Communication Plan will outline how you will notify residents affected by any road closures for your event. It will also include the resident notification letter. You will also be required to advertise the road closure in the local newspapers.
- Bush Fire Plan - All events held within the Fire Danger Period (usually from December to May) must complete the Colac Otway Shire Bushfire Plan(PDF, 1MB).
- Stallholders - All stallholders selling food must register a Statement of Trade on the Streatrader website. For more information on health requirements at events contact Council's Health department.
- Consumption of Alcohol - If you are selling alcohol at your event you need to submit a Consumption of Liquor in a Public Place(PDF, 141KB) Permit from Council and you will be required to obtain a Liquor License.
- Place of Public Entertainment (POPE) or Siting Permits - Your event may require a POPE or Siting Permit depending on the size of the event, number of people attending or the use of a temporary structure such as a stage, marquee or tent.
- Planning Permit - If your event is held on private land you will be required to obtain a Planning Permit, please allow plenty of time to obtain the correct permit. (check) Council's event department will notify you if these permits are required.
- Contacting other agencies - You must notify Emergency Services in your area of your event, especially if you are closing the road. Emergency service to be notified include:
- Victoria Police
- Ambulance Victoria
Depending where your event is held there may be other permits required. Council’s Event team will advise you of which permits you need but they could include:
- Vic Roads
- Victoria Police
- Parks Victoria
- Otway Coast Committee