Apply for an amendment or extension of time

Under Section 72 of the Planning & Environment Act 1987 an application may be made to amend most planning permits.  Amendments can be sought to:

  • alter endorsed approved plans
  • remove or change planning permit conditions
  • change the use or development for which the permit was issued
  • extend the life of a permit

If the amendment to the approved plans is relatively minor, you may be able to apply under secondary consent if it is considered the changes would be unlikely to cause detriment to other properties or affect the interest of a referral authority.

You are encouraged to speak with a planner about whether your proposed amendment could be considered under secondary consent or if you are required to submit an application to amend the permit.  Contact Council's Planning Department on 5232 9400.

For application fees, please refer to the Planning Fee Schedule is located at the bottom of this page.

Extension of Time for a Planning Permit

Before a planning permit expires, or within six months afterwards, the owner or occupier of the land to which the permit applies may ask Council for an extension of time to the life of the permit.