Apply for a planning permit
Applying for a Planning Permit
There are two streams of planning permit applications:
- Those assessed under the standard planning process
- Those assessed under the VicSmart planning provisions
It is important that you understand which type of application you need to apply for as the information that is required to be submitted with your application will be different. Applications meeting the VicSmart criteria are generally simple applications and have a 10 day assessment timeframe.
It is recommended that you consult Council's Planning Department early in the process of preparing an application to ensure you are aware of all submission requirements. Council cannot process an application until all relevant information has been submitted.
Please refer to the General Planning Application checklist to ensure you have all relevant documents when submitting an application. For application fees, please refer to the Planning Fee Schedule.
Incorporated Documents, Structure Plans and other Strategic Documents can be found at: Plans, Frameworks and Strategies
- General Application Checklist(PDF, 187KB)
- Commercial Zones Checklist(PDF, 188KB)
- Farming Zone Checklist - New Dwellings(PDF, 185KB)
- Farming Zone Checklist - Subdivision(PDF, 200KB)
- Industrial 1 Zone Checklist(PDF, 442KB)
- Bushfire Management Overlay (BMO) Checklist(PDF, 406KB)
- Erosion Management Overlay Checklist(PDF, 425KB)
- Heritage Overlay Checklist - (Non Indigenous)(PDF, 241KB)
- Coastal Settlements Checklist(PDF, 198KB)
- Land Management Plan Checklist(PDF, 413KB)
- Dams Checklist(PDF, 402KB)
- Residential Development Checklist(PDF, 198KB)
- Residential Subdivision Checklist(PDF, 1MB)