|Each year, all rates (other than those on direct debit and payment arrangements) are required to be paid by: |
(A) QUARTERLY INSTALMENTS or
(B) IN FULL by February 15.
To be included on the QUARTERLY INSTALMENT option, you must pay the first instalment amount shown on the rates notice by September 30.
Instalment notices will then be sent to you for the remaining three instalments.
The remaining instalment due dates are:
- 2nd Instalment: November 30
- 3rd Instalment: February 28
-4th Instalment: May 31
Paying in full by February 15
If payment of the 1st Instalment amount is NOT received by September 30, it is assumed you will pay the FULL AMOUNT by FEBRUARY 15.
If so, you may make any number of part payment s as long as the full amount is paid by February 15.
Penalty interest will be charged on all instalments paid after the due date.
Methods of Payment
Payments may be made:
- By cash, cheque or credit/debit card at any Post Office, Commonwealth Bank or either of Councilsí Customer Service Centres in Colac or Apollo Bay.
- Via the internet or phone using BPay or Australia Post BillPay by using the relevant biller code and account number provided on the rates notice.
- By credit card over the phone by calling 131 816 and quoting 0867 and the account number provided on your rates notice.
- By direct debit from your bank account. To arrange this, you need to complete the direct debit form first and mail it to Colac Otway Shire, PO Box 283, Colac 3250 or deliver it in person to 2 Rae St, Colac or 69 Nelson St, Apollo Bay.
If you require clarification of when, where or how to pay your rates, please contact the Shire's Customer Service Department on (03) 5232 9400.
If you are experiencing financial hardship and cannot pay your rates, contact Council's rates department staff to see if you are eligible for assistance. Contacting Council may also ensure the account is not referred to the debt collectors.