|Rates are generally paid by quarterly instalments OR |
as a lump sum.
Pay the first instalment amount shown on the Rates Notice by 30th September.
This will result in instalment notices then being sent to you for the remaining three instalments.
The remaining instalment due dates are:
- 2nd Instalment......30th November
- 3rd Instalment.......28th February
- 4th Instalment.......31st May
If you elect to pay the full amount as a lump sum, it is due to be paid by 15th February.
Regardless of which option you choose, you may make payments of any amount at any time.
Methods of Payment
Payments may be made:
- By cash, cheque or credit/debit card at any Post Office, Commonwealth Bank or either of Councilsí Customer Service Centres.
- Via the Internet using BPay or Australia Post BillPay
- By phone using BPay (quoting Biller Code No 22400 and your assessment number) or Australia Post BillPay (quoting BillPay Code No 0867 and your assessment number)
- By Direct Debit from your bank account. To achieve this, you will need to complete the Direct Debit Application form first and mail it to Colac Otway Shire, PO Box 283, Colac 3250 or deliver it in person to 2 Rae St, Colac or 69 Nelson St, Apollo Bay.
- By Credit Card over the phone by calling 131 816 and quoting 0867 and your assessment number.
If you require clarification of when, where or how to pay your rates, please contact the Shire's Customer Service Department on (03) 5232 9400.