All business and community groups that relay on private water supply for drinking (potable) water must take all reasonable precautions to ensure the water is safe for human consumption.
Private water supplies including water pumped from rivers, creeks, bores, dams and rainwater tanks can contain a wide range of diseases causing microorganisms and harmful chemicals if the water is not treated correctly.
Commercial and community facilities with private drinking water can include:
- cafes, restaurants, hotels and mobile caterers
- childcare centers, aged care facilities and hospitals
- food manufacturing premises
- caravan parks and camping grounds
- community halls
- recreational and sporting facilities
- schools, school and church camps
further information can found on the Victorian Department of Heath Website https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/public-health/water/private-drinking-water-supplies