2016-2017 Dairy Industry Assistance
The extension of time to pay only applies to the 2016-2017 municipal rates, charges and Fire Services Property Levy that were to be paid by the Lump Sum Payment option (ie 15th February 2017) for;
- properties used as part of a single dairy farm enterprise for dairy purposes
- properties used by a farmer that holds a current and valid Dairy Industry Licence from Dairy Food Safety Victoria
Assistance may be available for rate payers within the shire experiencing financial hardship.
Under Council’s Assistance to Rates Debtors in Financial Hardship Policy ,11.4-Assistance-to-Rates-Debtors-in-Hardship.pdf(PDF, 104KB) accrued interest may be waived and a moratorium put on future interest for a specified period of time.
Who is eligible for assistance?
To be eligible for assistance, you must have:
- a debt greater than two years rates
- be able to demonstrate payment of rates and interest is contributing to your financial hardship
- a record of having made some payments towards reducing the debt.
Assistance is only granted for rates for a principal place of residence. If you would like to discuss your eligibility for assistance, please call Council's Rates Department on 5232 9400.
How do I apply for rates assistance?
Council requires you to provide detailed information regarding your assets and liabilities, and income and expenditure in support of your application. This information is kept confidential. You can apply for rates assistance by filling out the form below.
You can return this form in person to one of Council’s customer service centres, or via mail. The details can be found on our contact us page.